Things I've enjoyed
During Lockdown, here are some things I've enjoyed recently. (Listening to Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest Soundtrack (amazing!)-- I think this has become a thing I'll do. I'll just say what I'm listening to.
- These two trees. I've taken to reading under our willow and cherry trees again. It's not as sunny as it was in this picture but, as you can imagine, the light coming through the branches is stunning.
- I've been enjoying taking pictures of flowers with my Instax. This isn't with my Instax, but it's pretty.
- I've been absolutely loving these sandals. They are so comfy, easy to put on, stay on your feet, and nice looking too. I wouldn't have gotten these if our luggage hadn't been lost and I needed a Sunday outfit this summer, so thanks to The Paris, Indianapolis, Atlanta, and Birmingham Airports.
- Our nightly Chronicles of Narnia read aloud while I cross stitch. Right now we're reading Prince Caspian (my favorite so far) and I'm working on a bookmark of Mount St. Michel (Sorry, I'm in the middle of undoing a mistake, I think I was tired last night).
- Extra-gooey Joanna Gaines caremel chip cookies.
- Working on playing one of my favorite instrumental pieces of all time on the piano (it's just a pleasure). Thanks to an app called Scribd, I can get all sorts of easy piano music and such.
- Last night I started Anne of the Island . I needed a happy book and this is so pretty. The book I'm reading now The House of Hades, as you might glean from the title, is not quite the happiest book in the world. My wants were instantly soothed when I started this. Don't you just love that picture of Gilbert on the cover?? It perfectly captures the expression he has to be making in the book.
So, now what? Now I might sit here and listen some more. Maybe do another blog post book review. Maybe go practice Jack Sparrow (I'm not very far, and it is 8 pages long). Spring break is almost over (😢) but:
"We mustn't let next week rob us of this week's joy."
-Anne Shirley
Comments
Post a Comment